Thursday, August 8, 2013

Usher's Son Almost Fully-Recovered After Pool Accident

Custody issues aside, Usher and his ex-wife, Tameka Foster, must be breathing a collective sigh of relief today. The former couple's older son, Usher Raymond V, is recovering and in good spirits following a potentially deadly pool incident on Tuesday. The five-year-old is still in the ICU, but is talking, laughing and eating, according to TMZ.

The tot nearly died on Tuesday after he got his hand stuck in a pool drain while trying to retrieve a lost toy. Usher V was rushed to the hospital and has been under intensive care ever since. 

Foster, who has been engaged in a bitter custody battle with the R&B singer following their 2009 divorce, is using the incident as ammunition to regain custody of the two boys. She asked for an emergency hearing, saying that Ush's negligence could have killed their son. She added that the "OMG" singer was away from his kids "85 percent of the time" and that the nannies and caretakers he hired to attend to the kids are unqualified. 

The incident must be especially chilling for Foster, who lost her eldest son, Kyle Glover, in a jet-ski accident last year. 

Usher said in a statement, "I would like to thank my Aunt Rena as well as the doctors and nurses who are working with us around the clock. I would especially like to thank the two men who saved my son's life, Eugene Stachurski and Ben Crews.  They are true heroes and I am deeply grateful to them."  The statement continued, "I am blessed and fortunate to say that my son Usher V is doing well and is recovering.  I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayers, love and support for my family's well-being."

No comments:

Post a Comment